Sunday, June 5, 2011

GRAND ISLE STATE PARK IN JUNE

Left Pat's house this afternoon and picked up a few groceries then drove to the State Park.

He is a most gracious host and I enjoyed our time together.  I can stay on his electricity for free if I print up his brochures for his B&B.  What a deal.
He took us for a ride in his new 4X4 and Xi Shi really liked it.  She is such a little trooper.


Made a Cajun shrimp spaghetti with French bread.  A very seasoned, spicy dish.  Turned out great.


On one of our many daily walks around Pat's property.

My new windshield cover works great.


Pat's Bed & Breakfast in the background.

Our host and best friend waving goodbye to us in front of his house.



Arrived at the Park around 2:00pm.  Hooked up and then took Xi Shi Quan for a walk on the beach.   She loves the beach and seemed excited to see the Gulf once again.  I was pleased to see that they had put out wooden picnic tables, some with roofs for shade. 

This beach is usually very clean but today there is black sticky mud about 10 feet wide all along the shore where it appears that the Mississippi has left its mark.  Not very enticing to go for a swim.  I walked into a few inches of water and it was very dark and dirty.  If you walked in the mud you sank a few inches.  YUK!  So I don't think we'll go swimming this trip.  It seems that there is always something preventing me from fully enjoying this island lately.  Last year it was the oil spill and the repercussions of that are still being felt with many beach closings ever since.   I am really surprised that they have not closed the beach this week due to this mud but I guess they figure it's not as toxic as the oil was and so... why not keep it open.

I'll only be here for 2 days and then return home for awhile to wait for the realtor to notify me of the closing date on my property. I have an art project I'm working on so I'll have something to look forward to when I get home.

These short trips in the coach have been a real learning experience for me.  I'm feeling more and more confident in my ability to handle the driving as well as the workings of the equipment inside.  I'm feeling comfortable here and so are my pets.


I'm trying to teach them not to come out of the coach even with the door open.



Caiche likes to sleep under the swivel chair and has a good view of the outside from there.


Only staying a couple of days so not putting a lot of stuff outside.



Nice RVs here today.  I'm the second one.

Think I'll try to catch a TV station.  I've never been able to get anything on this TV and am beginning to think that I need a new one.  Other campers are able to catch channels on their exterior antennae.   Not to worry... I can always watch a movie.



SUNDAY EVENING

Pat came by to show me how to use my Propane stove.  I have a fear of Propane and he has been trying to get me to overcome that.  So we had a Rum and Coke and got to work.  He walked me through it and I felt a little more comfortable with it and put the electric stove away.  So now I will make breakfast tomorrow on my really clean looking stove.


I put some aluminium foil on the top in order to keep it clean.  I asked Pat to unscrew the top metal cover as I could not open it and keep my toaster and can opener on the counter if I did.   So off it came and now I can just set it on top when I'm not cooking and use it for my bread basket and fruit tray.









Put up my new kitchen curtain.  Couldn't attach the rod to the wall as there was no room so I used 3 tacks to secure the material to the wall.  Looks good to me :-)


All in all, I've had a pretty good day. 




4 comments:

  1. RATS! I can't see but a couple of your pictures :( The cajun shrimp and spagetti sounds delish!

    The gulf shore has taken such a beating. Hard times, down that way, for sure.

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but the only picture I can see is the one where your friend is waving to you. Did you say that's a B&B? It looks nice. Your statement about the short trips being helpful to you tells me that I should be doing the same thing so that I can say that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi and Jeana... sorry but I was having trouble with my computer. It's fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came back and was able to see your pictures this time. It looks like a nice B&B. I understand the fear of propane because I have it, too. Now that I've forgotten everything from the dealership walk through, I need someone to take me by the hand and help me learn how to run my RV.

    ReplyDelete