Friday, June 24, 2011

MORE PHOTOS OF GRAND ISLE, LA

Here are some photos taken at Grand Isle, LA a couple of years ago.


Father and daughter horseback riding on the beach.


My golf cart lost in the last hurricane.


Are these seagulls doing what I think they're doing?


Shrimping right off the beach.


A digital painting of a photo.


Fishing boats and oil rigs right off the beach.


State Park entrance


Here are some photos of the beach at Grand Isle, LA during one of their clean up operations of the oil spill.  Photos taken one year ago.

Large pieces of equipment sifting sand.


Orange fencing and orange boom.


A tribute to some of the things lost.






The natives really didn't like Tony.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Michael. Since I'm sitting here bored every day while waiting for the closing on my property I've decided to post some of my old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, One of the places I would like to workamp at is The Ghost Ranch in Northern New Mexico www.ghostranch.org, but I wouldn't want to be there in the winter and I don't think they require a long stay. It would be a good place to be in the spring or fall, not sure what the summer temps are.

    ReplyDelete