Friday, July 29, 2011

BACK HOME

Left the beach around noon and got home at 2:00.  I really enjoyed my week away even with all the rain.  The cats and dog were glad to be home and settled into their old routine.  I like going away but always like coming home.

I have reservations for the end of next month at the same campground for 4 days.  I'm averaging one trip a month which seems to placate me while waiting for my property to sell so I can take longer trips.  It won't be long now and summer will be coming to an end.  It's not likely that it will sell during the winter so it will be next year before I see any interest in the property.  I'm getting real tired of waiting.

6 comments:

  1. So, do you have a house and a summer property? Or are you going to go full-time after your property sells. I want to be traveling instead of getting my house ready to sell - I don't feel like just going out for a few days and coming back. I just want to leave and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri... Yes I have a townhouse and a summer camp. House is paid for so I'm keeping it. Selling the camp, or at least trying to. I think I'll probably be a half-timer traveling 6 months out of the year. Don't have that urge to keep going like a lot of folks do. I enjoy the traveling but always like coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gypsy, the only difference in your condo and mine is that mine has wheels and moves. Wherever I park I'm home. Just a matter of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joe... From my perspective it's a matter of space. I like having more inside space than the motorhome has to offer. My townhouse is small but roomy for all my craft work and I have a back yard for the animals. We are very comfortable here but do enjoy taking trips in the coach and hope to take some extended ones in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to be patient. Sounds like you are making the best of the situation though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kimboplo... Yes it is hard to be patient. The property has been on the market for about a year and a half now. I should have waited to purchase the motorhome till after selling the camp but I was certain it would sell right away. So now I'm stuck here at home with a coach in the driveway just waiting to hit the road. The camp was intended to be the funding source for my extended travels.

    ReplyDelete