Wednesday, August 10, 2011

FOLDING BIKE

Got my folding bike today.  I never heard the delivery truck and peeked out the window this afternoon and saw the box in the driveway.  It was in pretty bad shape and I feared parts were missing so I took photos of it in case I would have to explain to Camping World that it was damaged.




Frankly, I don't know how parts of it didn't fall out.  The box was completely opened on top and the bottom corner was ripped open.

I was a little worried about not having a booklet with instructions when I found a tiny paper with generic instructions for several bike types.  I decided to just give it a try without any directions.  The box showed that 4 tools would be needed so I dug up what I had in the tool drawer and began to unwrap the bike.

I was pleasantly surprised when it all came together and I never had to use a tool.  I tightened everything by hand and then inflated the tires.  I took it outside and rode down the street.  Nice ride.  Not crazy about the seat but can always get another one locally. 

It is really easy to fold down and is a nice dark blue color with silver fenders.  I really like it.  I'll keep it in the living room until I pack up to go on our next camping trip.


Hooked up the bike trailer and later today when it cools down, I will take Xi Shi for a ride. 




Went riding late this afternoon with the trailer attached.  The trailer weighs 30 pounds and my doggie weighs 20 - so I'm pulling 50 pounds which was easy to do on a flat paved surface but the minute I had a slight incline I was struggling to peddle.   Maybe when my leg muscles strengthen up it will be easier.  My little dog seemed to enjoy her ride.

Just riding the bike without the trailer is fun and will help me to get some of this extra weight off.  So, tomorrow I start an exercise program on the bike.


7 comments:

  1. Good thing the bike wasn't damaged. I still have not decided what kind of folding bike I want to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got a real nice setup. Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, I looked at a lot of folding bikes and picked this one mainly because it was on sale. These types of bikes are not cheap. I also looked at Electric Folding Bikes and maybe sometime down the road I'll upgrade to that.

    Joe, This setup is perfect for me at the moment. I think we will enjoy it tremendously. We leave on the 22nd for a week at the beach. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the looks of that box I think you're lucky all the parts were there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeana, Yes, I'm really lucky. The small plastic bag holding small items was actually taped to the inside of the box. That's the only reason it wasn't lost.

    Good luck to you in your move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking bike, and I love the little carrier. Your dog is going to love riding in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara... yes, the bike is really nice and easy to fold and unfold. Good investment. I can't wait to ride it today.

    ReplyDelete