Friday, October 7, 2011

MY FAVORITE FOOD

This is the "main" reason I live near the coast.  Always available and always good.  I add some shrimp to the left-overs and make a seafood fricassee' over rice - ummm good.

Good... but expensive.  I treat myself every once in awhile.  The prices keep going up and I'm too lazy to go and catch them myself... so I pay $30.00 a dozen and buy them already boiled . 

They're good but not as good as when I boil them myself.  I like them extra spicy and salty with lots of Zatarain's crab boil seasoning.  They're perfect if your lips and tongue burn and your nose runs.



3 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely fabulous! I haven't had a whole, fresh crab in years, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that looks soooo good!!!! We have crab on the coast, BUT nothing like the spices in the South!! I had seafood and BBQ every chance i got while there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara... they WERE fabulous. If you ever get down south around the Gulf you'll find them served everywhere.

    Hi Loree... yes we are known for our spicy food - especially seafood. When were you down here? Did you stay in New Orleans?

    ReplyDelete