Saturday, October 29, 2011

PACKING THE COACH

Packing the coach for extended travel is so different than when I was just going to the beach for a week.  I can't believe how much stuff I have loaded into the basement. 

Today I loaded up all the canned goods and found room for everything inside the coach.  I still have two empty storage compartments on the outside on the driver's side that are empty.   Don't know what I should put in them to even out my load.  I'll bet I'm over my weight limit.  I plugged in the refrigerator so tomorrow I can load the meat and dairy.  Then Tuesday morning we leave for Texas.  My neighbors are coming over tomorrow for a wine and cheese Bon Voyage party.  Monday will be for chilling out and taking care of last minute details.

The folding bike fits nicely.

That little black kitty has recently adopted my house as her own.  She is still pretty wild and won't let me pet her but I feed her daily and she comes when called.  My neighbors will feed her while I'm gone.  They think she is cute and try to catch her but she is too slick for them.  I think she may even be adopted by the time I get back. 

I bathed Xi Shi and bought her a new blue dress.  So she is ready to go.  Every time I take a load into the coach she follows me and sits in her seat as if to say, "Let's go."

The cats know something is up and have taken to sitting at the top of the stairs while I'm going in and out of the house with supplies.  They always know when I'm about to leave for a trip and run and hide under the bed.  They don't like to be caught and carried into the coach but once inside they're fine.

So I've had my doctor's appointment, my dentist appointment, my meds refilled, serviced the coach, bought supplies for a month, and secured the house for the winter.  I'm almost ready to go.  





3 comments:

  1. Gypsy, you do know that Texas has places to get stuff, right? lol

    Two more days! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive storage space!! I wish I had that! Wanna trade rigs??? ;-))
    Bet you can't wait to get on the road now. Wish I could meet up with you, but it looks like potential surgery may be getting in the way...bummer.
    Oh & where is your bbq grill for your sandburgers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carolyn, LOL... yes I know I can buy stuff in Texas but don't want to have to go to a store every few days. I like the idea of having enough supplies for a month... it calms me... hehehe.

    TexCyn, I really love that basement area. It's just enough room for all our playground stuff. My BBQ grill is under the dinette seat. I've never used it and can't wait to try it out.

    Hope everything with your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete