Thursday, November 17, 2011

SHOPPING IN ROCKPORT

Went shopping in Rockport today.  Left around 9:30 this morning.  Chris had to take her doggie to the Vet so I tagged along.  While she was at her appointment I walked around the cute little street lined with colorful shops.  Bought a few trinkets (wind chime, shells, jewelry) and visited an art gallery. 

I love wind chimes.




We then went to a very nice restaurant near the marina.  Had the soft shelled crab and baked potato.  Dessert was bread pudding with whiskey sauce.  It was delicious.  Went to a grocery store for a few items then back home around 2:00.   Took a nap and had leftover shrimp for supper.

Some views from our restaurant table.



 
It was fantastic weather to be out and about.  However, the temp will be going up tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really nice day in Rockport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe... Yes it was. I like Rockport. Visited some campgrounds there and one is really close to stores, etc. Nice little community on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a nice day out. Now I know where to put my wind chime I have. Duh, didn't think about the antenna handle! I had one hanging on a cabinet door handle, but it kept getting in the way. Glad you are out & having a good time there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TexCyn... I'm on my last day in a campground that I've been in for a week and is not on the beach and can't wait to move tomorrow. Now that Red Tide is gone I'm hoping to have a little more excitement during my stay here. The beach is calling.

    ReplyDelete