Tuesday, December 4, 2012

MAGNOLIA BEACH, TEXAS

Left Galveston around 11:00 this morning and arrived at Magnolia Beach around 3:00 this afternoon.  Galveston and the Jamaica Island area have some of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen.  I enjoyed my drive through the area.

Hit some pretty bad weather about 30 miles before reaching my destination.  It was raining so hard I could barely see the lines on the road... I just kept following the vehicle in front of me hoping the rain would ease up. 

Pulling into Magnolia Beach




I thought I might like to park next to one of the shelters but it is too far away from the water for me. 

Not many folks here today.

That's where I parked last year, right next to the pier, when I met Chris. 

This is a good spot.

It rained really hard after I took this shot.

Once settled in at the beach I fixed a sandwich and devoured it I was so hungry.  Then I opened some windows to enjoy the cool breeze.  The rain picked up again and it was so nice and relaxing to hear the drops on the roof and I was so tired that I fell asleep.  Had my head against the open window by the sofa and felt the soft splash of raindrops on my face.  The cats peeked their heads out of the open window, too but didn't like getting wet.  I woke up 2 hours later.

Hoping tomorrow is sunny and cold.  I love the beach when it's cold.



8 comments:

  1. Do you watch the tide schedules? I guess I would worry about the water coming too close to the RV. I want to camp on the beach but am nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri... I've never checked the tide schedules. When I choose a spot I always look for the high water line and the debris left by the tide and then park behind that. I also check to see where other campers are parked. I wake up many times during the night so I am able to look out the window and see if the water is coming up. It never has been a problem.

      Delete
  2. Great photos today. You sound relaxed. ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyn... Yes, I'm very relaxed when I'm near water. The wave action was really loud all night long and this morning it looked like I was near the ocean instead of a bay. Just love it.

      Delete
  3. I'll join you there soon! I can't wait to see the ocean, it has been sooooo long. Oh, and you and Xi too of course LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris... We're waiting for you near the entrance to the beach. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Jo... It is good. I really like it here. I'm enjoying this beach more this time than I did last year when I was here. I feel more comfortable this time, for some reason. But the best of all will come tomorrow when I park on the beach at Port Aransas. Come on down.

      Delete