Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CHA BU'S FIRST TIME AT THE BEACH

We finally made it to the beach.  We've been waiting patiently for the weather to clear up and it finally did today so here we are once again at the Grand Isle State Park.  It is windy and cold but sunny and we're glad to be out camping in our motorhome again.

Cha Bu finally got Xi Shi to switch beds with her on this trip.  Here she is sleeping in the larger bed.

When I checked in at the park office I was informed that the campground has no manager and no ranger.  Nick who had been the manager for the last year has transferred to another state park and the ranger is at the Police Academy.  The worker was very friendly and we had a long conversation about dogs on the beach.  I told her my story and the arrangement I had with Nick and she said that there will be no one to tell me anything during my stay if I take my dogs on the beach.  I was sure glad to hear that.  Although this is temporary, I will be enjoying my stay this week and not have to worry about walking off the park with my dogs in order to enjoy the beach with them.   I purchased the electric bike in order to carry the dogs in their cart to the far side of the park where we were allowed to bring the dogs.  This week I won't have to do that.  However, I will still use the bike to see how well it rides on the beach.

Got to my site and set up then took the dogs for a walk.  This is Cha Bu's first time at the beach and boy does she love it.  She behaved a lot like Xi Shi did when she first walked on the sand and saw the Gulf.

They love smelling seaweed.

The wind is about 20 mph and she seems to love it.

This is when she first realizes that there is water in the distance. 

She went right for it.

She gave it a lick and now knows that it is not very tasty.

We returned to the RV and I later took them for a walk around the campground.  She pulled me in all directions wanting to smell every blade of grass.  So many smells... so little time.

Got back to the coach and boiled the shrimp that I picked up at the dock on the way in.  My friend Pat came over and we enjoyed the shrimp, potatoes, dip, and beer.  He was kind enough to work on my RV today and saved me some money on repairs.  He replaced a couple of screws that came loose on the outside corner molding of the coach.  I'm always so relieved when he can repair things on my RV so I don't have to take it in to a shop.  Thanks again Pat.

The dogs are sleeping next to me on the sofa as I write this.  It's been a great day.  Looking forward to tomorrow when I set up the bike and the doggie carrier.


10 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your time there, which I am sure you will. We really miss it and hope to come again next year. We are making our way back home to Canada but really had a wonderful time in LA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa... We are having a great time here at the beach. I think it will remain sunny for the next few days and we are going to take full advantage of it. Maybe we can meet up here at the beach next year. So glad you enjoyed your stay here.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got yourself another "happy camper" to enjoy your outings with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris... Yes, my little Cha Bu is another water dog just like Xi Shi. How did I get so lucky??? Hope you are having fun with Andy in Florida.

      Delete
  3. How funny to watch them explore new places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JO... It gives me great joy to watch these doggies discover new and exciting things in their little world.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are back at the beach!
    Intrested to hear how your bike works out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grammy... Yes, it's great to be back. Just posted my evalutaion of the bike.

      Delete
  5. How fun! Your pictures of the dogs are great, love the one with the wind blowing her fur!

    Isn't it nice to have a friend that will do repairs for you, they are such a gift. For one thing, it saves you money, and for another, you can trust that the work is not more than you need.

    Nice to be back at the beach, I know exactly how you feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara... Yes, it's nice to have a friend like Pat. He takes care of me and is protective like a big brother. He has done so many favors for me and I appreciate his friendship very much.

      Delete