Monday, April 22, 2013

ISLAND HOUSE RV PARK - DAY 3

Took the dogs out to the beach early this morning so they wouldn't have to walk on the grass here at the park.  It is full of burrs.  It takes me at least 30 minutes to remove them from their hair after each walk.  It's really awful.  They have been using the puppy pads in the coach but beg to go outside.  I walk them on the gravel in the park but they want to potty on the grass.  What a pain in the...

They played and had a good time as usual.

Rode the bike further today towards town.  Came across these boulders.  Makes for a nice spot to stop and relax for a while.

Later this afternoon, I returned to the beach alone to read my Coastal Living Magazine.  Got lots of sun and now my cheeks are rosy.

It was cool and windy and beautiful.  I brought along some snacks and had a picnic with the seagulls.

Getting a tan on my winter white legs.

My happy beach face.

I was snacking on some triscuit crackers when the gulls came begging.  So I tossed a few out to them and enjoyed watching them swoop down to pick them up.

Really pretty to watch them hover.



Went back to the camper around 5:00 and met some incoming campers from north Louisiana who were just driving in.

Have been really enjoying my electric bike.  It rides well on wet sand but I do have to walk it through soft sand and there is a lot of it on the town beach.  It's good exercise and I'm feeling sore muscles today.  

My injured hand continues to hurt as I push it to the limit.  I can't understand why it's taking so long for those ligaments to heal.  It's over 6 weeks since the injury and I only feel a small improvement.  It's really aggravating.

I'm trying not to let it get me down and continue to have a good time during my stay at the beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment