Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ISLAND HOUSE RV PARK - DAY 4

The day started out great.  Took the dogs to the beach early and we stayed for a couple of hours.  I rode the bike up the beach looking for a better crossover.  The one near the RV park is hard to cross due to the deep sand.  I found two that are paved but still have soft sand on either side of the crossover.

This one is near Sarah's Diner.

Looking back towards the beach.

Looks like part of a deck.

This one is near the Tropical Motel.

Looking back towards the beach.

I rode back to the park on the designated bike path along the highway.  Later this afternoon I returned to the beach alone to enjoy sitting in the sun and to read my magazine.  After a couple of hours I returned to the park.  

I walked the bike over the beach to the crossover and when I reached the crossover the sand had piled up higher during the day and I got stuck.  I tried to use the throttle to give it a boost but the motor died.  So I pushed as hard as I could to get out of the soft sand and up the incline which was extremely difficult.  I finally got over the crossover and headed back to the park on a dead electric bike.  It was very hard to pedal and I was exhausted when I got to the RV.

The battery lights showed that it was charged but no throttle action at all.  I'm thinking that means I burned up my motor.  Will call the seller tomorrow to see if the warranty will cover the damage.  

I'm so bummed out.  Just when I was having fun and exploring the island - this has to happen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment