Monday, July 29, 2013

BACK TO THE BEACH FOR A WEEK - JUST COULDN'T STAY AWAY

Well, here I am again.  Didn't think I would be RVing during the hot summer months but I wanted to spend my 66th birthday at the beach so I'm back on Grand Isle.  I'm parked at my friend Pat's house and will be here for a week.

Did my usual shrimp boil and Pat and I enjoyed the shrimp, potatoes, dip and beer.  We got caught up on all the latest news and he visited with the dogs for awhile.   They were so glad to see him.

Took the dogs for a walk around Pat's property.  Tried to take a few photos with the iPhone but they didn't come out so hot.  It's hard to hold the camera still with 2 dogs pulling you in different directions.  But here's what I got.

One of Pat's oldest palm trees.


Pat's house on the right and my RV on the left. 


 Two new tree swings.

This is the camp where I was supposed to stay this week but I changed my mind.

It's called "Pig In A Poke" and belongs to a friend of Pat's who was kind enough to let me have it for a week.

However, I decided to stay in my RV in my usual spot in Pat's side yard. 
  

Waited till late this afternoon and rode my bike to the beach.  I was hoping that it wouldn't be flooded like it was last time but it wasn't.  It was perfect.  Rode up and down the beach for awhile.  It felt great.  It was starting to get dark and I was worried because I don't have a light on the bike which could be dangerous as I had to travel along the highway to get back to the RV a couple of blocks away.

I headed back to the crossover where two people were standing.  I stopped to talk to them and we discussed the electric bike and RVs and after a while they said that they were staying at Island House RV Park.  I told them I had stayed there once and to tell the manager Michelle I said hello.  Well, one thing led to another and come to find out this couple realized who I was and they informed me that they had found one of my Peace Rocks.  I was so excited to finally meet someone who had found one of my rocks.  I asked them to come by tomorrow to visit me at Pat's house and hope that they do.  It was nice chatting and hope that I see them again.

I rode back to my camper in the dark and boy was it scary.  I was so hoping that no one would hit me and did make it back safely.  I won't be doing that again.

I had a good day today and although it is terribly hot I hope to have a great week here at Pat's.  I have a couple of books I want to finish reading and also a children's book I'm writing so I'll have lots to keep me busy inside during the hottest part of the day.  Then it's off to the beach!!



4 comments:

  1. i think you could become a beach bum, very easily! It would be a great choice, in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nan... Yes, you are so right. I could live in a hut on the beach and be very happy.

      Delete
  2. So good to read your post. Have missed you posting regularly. Any bits on selling your RV? Hope you have a wonderful birthday at the beach - sure you will. We are already making plans to come back next winter. You need to come up to British Columbia Canada sometime and we could show you the sights here. It truly is beautiful!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa... I did have one person look at the RV and said he was interested but couldn't buy just yet. I'm hoping he comes back soon. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm having a good time here. It would be nice to be able to travel up to BC but I don't expect that will ever happen. But I'm sure it is beautiful. Hope to meet up this winter at the State Park. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete